Author Topic: LS441DE US First boot up went into emergency mode...  (Read 7745 times)

wolfdragon

• Calf
LS441DE US First boot up went into emergency mode...
« on: September 27, 2014, 05:11:36 PM »
So I just unpacked my new LS441DE, put in the new HDDs that I purchased for it, cabled it and hit the power button.  I then went to install the software and do the initial setup and I kept getting errors about not being able to find the device.  I tried it on two Windows 7 laptops and one Macbook, same issue.  Installed the NAS Navigator software and it says the device is in "emergency mode".  Everything I read online says I need to flash a firmware update in order to get out of emergency mode, but I can't because I get the same "invalid serial number" error that I have seen so many others get.  I know it's the correct number because there are only two numbers on the back.  One is the MAC address and the other is labeled "S/N" and is a 14 character number just like it should be.

Is there anything I can do to get out of "Emergency Mode" or do I have to call the support number and get the serial number issue figured out so I can flash a firmware update?

Please help...

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: LS441DE US First boot up went into emergency mode...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 08:09:37 PM »
Read you tired to install the software and then initial setup.. Did you follow the quick setup guide. Maybe thats what you meant when you said initial setup.
http://manual.buffalo.jp/buf-doc/35020389-01.pdf

hope that helps. not the greatest guide -_- needs to have SO much more info added to make everything seem clear i think.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: LS441DE US First boot up went into emergency mode...
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 09:09:04 AM »
After you install the drives you have to go through the procedure to initialize the device. After the initial power-on, wait about 5 minutes for the power LED to start flashing, then press the function button. Up to 2 minutes after you press the function button, the function LED will start flashing. At that point it will take about 15 minutes before the device is ready.