Author Topic: DD-WRT not accepting NEW wireless clients  (Read 2741 times)

AFarenci

• Calf
DD-WRT not accepting NEW wireless clients
« on: September 24, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »
I have a G300N wireless router [DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (06/03/12) std - (SVN revision 19154)], it appears to be working fine, except for the fact that all of a sudden no new devices can connect wirelessly.

I've check all my setting, rebooted and even added the new devices' mac addresses to the DHCP reservation table. nothing changes. All my old clients can reconnect even after rebooting the router, but no new ones. I've tried with Android and Windows. There's no error message returned, just never connects.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:42:45 PM by AFarenci »

AFarenci

• Calf
Re: DD-WRT not accepting NEW wireless clients
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 02:04:38 AM »
First let me say, if no one is offering any suggestions because they can't get past the CAPTCHA;  the answer to "
Second part of word in most Buffalo Products" is Station.

NEW INFO

I decided to see what happened if I reinstalled the firmware and reset everything to factory default.
  Now I couldn't connect with any device, old or new.
  I tried connecting with WPS/AOSS using the button on the router with no luck. But that doesn't mean anything as it's something I've always disabled and never knew how to use, so I could have been doing it wrong.
  I did manage to connect a device though by getting its PIN and registering it as a WPS CLIENT PIN on the /AOSS.asp page.

When I restored my original configuration from an NVRAM backup file, I was again able to connect with my old devices, but not any new ones. (I didn't have a new device I could get a client PIN off of.)

Bewildered