Author Topic: Web Access port forwarding failed  (Read 9954 times)

kermit

• Calf
Web Access port forwarding failed
« on: September 01, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am using this cable model Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 from my ISP.  When I tried to setup the Web Access feature from my Buffalo NAS,  I am constantly getting error "Port Forwarding Failed.  Use manual setup".

I ran out of idea how to fix this issue.

Can someone please show me step by step procedure on how to fix this issue ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

JMBlanc

• Calf
Re: Web Access port forwarding failed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:51:42 AM »
I have exactly the same problem. And what's more, I find strange to have to do all this handle, because it used to work by itself without any fitting. I have the bad idea to rename the nas, (a Linkstation LS-CHL) and set some real passwords for the users. (I mean not "admin" & "password").
I tried to set ports in the router admin, and took a domain name at "no-ip". This is working, but point on the admin interface of teh NAS, not to the files !
Any idea ?
Thank-you !

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: Web Access port forwarding failed
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »
Kermit,

go here http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/userguides2/4021196_B.pdf this is the manual to your modem. on page 69 is where it gives a brief description of port forwarding. You need to do this for your unit to work. you will need to know the ip of your unit as well. I recommend using a static ip for these units when doing webaccess. This will then solve your problem. There is a guide written on what to do in the buffalo storage unit if you go to the storage forum and find the post stating webaccess.

JMBlanc,
From your post i am assuming your trying to setup a remote access to your units web interface? or do you mean you cant access your files. im asking because you said this "I tried to set ports in the router admin, and took a domain name at "no-ip". This is working, but point on the admin interface of teh NAS, not to the files !"
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people