Author Topic: Webaccess Permission Issues with Linkstation LS-CHL 1 TB  (Read 14231 times)

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Webaccess Permission Issues with Linkstation LS-CHL 1 TB
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 10:04:46 PM »
Well from the sounds of things you have tried every troubleshooting step.  Even in testing we have not been able to replicate this issue.  You may want to call our support line to receive a replacement if the unit is still within warranty.

prycej

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 06:43:20 AM »

Its just really annoying the device has worked perfectly other than this.  Considering how everything is working (and I have already restored the data twice) I will probably live with it.

Its just really frustrating am sure its just a setting somewhere along the lines.. 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »

Quite so, prycej, I'm convinced the problem is with some setting.We've tried everything, as PCPiranha mentioned, so let's start fromscratch and set it up one more time. Please follow these steps exactlyso we can try to isolate what's going on.

Reset the unit to defaults from Maintenence->Initialization.

Log into the web interface, click on User Management, add a user. Name the user "tester", password "tester". Save the user.

Click on Web Access->Folder Setup. Click on a shared folder. Change the dropdown to Allow All Groups/Users.

Clickon Web Access->Service Setup. Set Web Access Service to Enable.Leave HTTPS/SSL on Disable. Set Use BuffaloNAS.com to Enable. Put in aBuffaloNAS.com Name and Key. Set Auto-Configure Firewall (UPnP) toDisable, External port to 9000.

Forward TCP port 9000 tothe IP address of the Linkstation, then try accessing Web Access from aremote machine. When it asks for a username/password, usetester/tester. This should allow you to access the share.

nunojob

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 03:37:06 PM »

SSH is not an option that we support, and the standard statement applies: modification of the device's hardware or software will void your warranty.

I recently bought two linkstations, one for home one for work. So far I would recommend it to any of my friends, until I googled for SSH support......

Now I'm SERIOUSLY considering returning them. First, SSH support is ESSENTIAL for me (and I find it hard to believe I'm the only one).

I would easily crack the support into the system but I come to your forum and what I see is a representative saying that will void the warranty? Now that is unaceptable! It's the same as Apple or MSFT saying I can't install something in their operative system because it will void warranty. Unacceptable.

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 04:53:31 PM »

We never advertised our units to have SSH nor does it mention it any documentation at any point, so I'm not sure why this is surprising.

Secondly, installing ANYTHING onto your linkstation will indeed void your warranty, be it SSH, Telnet or  whatever else.

Likening it to an operating system in your example is more  of a straw man than anything else, it's not an operating system, it's firmware, much like a television,or your dvd player uses. Installing services or protocols that aren't approved or come pre-installed by the manufacturer will pretty much void your warranty in any circumstance, this is is not a policy unique to us.

That being said, there is a vibrant and active community out there that does indeed specialize in modifying their NAS's to do all kinds of things they were not designed to do, and you're more than free to do those things. However, don't expect any help regarding those features on our forums or from our tech support, and do again be aware that it does void any warranty. 

Message Edited by Jason on 05-31-2009 04:54 PM
Message Edited by Jason on 05-31-2009 04:54 PM

k2222p

• Calf
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »

Hi, I had the same exact issue and realize the Buffalo login is case sensitive, you have to type in your login ID exactly the way you created and the default admin account is not allow to access the Web Access.  Hope it works for you.

ngood77

• Calf
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »
   Hi did this ever get confirmed as fixing the issue as I am getting the same issue re logging in from webaccess. Also when using webaccess via anonymous I can see my share ok from an external pc but not my iPhone. Regards