Author Topic: TS-RIGL - firmware update help  (Read 2636 times)

ash0573

• Calf
TS-RIGL - firmware update help
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »

Hi,

I have read the posts  -> ( http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=8800 ) on the firmware update with disabling wireless; which I have done and using a corss over cable and static IPs.  I have tried and tried and I still get the following error.

"TS-RIGL that needs updaing wasn't found."

It is up and running and I can connect to it via iSCSI and via web managment but I can not update the firmware.  I have tried from an XP Pro x86 client (no av bare install) and a Vista x64 with AV enabled and disabled and even unistalled it.

What is strange is that firmware updater connected one time but I did not do the firmware update because I wanted to back up my data 1st.  When I tried again later that day it would not connect.  I have not installed anything new on either clients not have I changed my network.  The setting on the TS-RIGL have not changed either.

Ideas?

Kindly,

Ash 

Message Edited by ash0573 on 05-03-2009 08:58 PM
Message Edited by ash0573 on 05-03-2009 08:58 PM

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: TS-RIGL - firmware update help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »
Could you please post the exact model number of the NAS.  I had someone call in today who had downloaded the wrong firmware for an iSCSI rackmount that had a similar issue. :)