Author Topic: Linkstation Live won't take firmware: partition not found error  (Read 12731 times)

heatherinthemoor

• Calf
Hey
My 3T Linkstation Live went into EM mode.  I set the address appropriately and ran the update tool on it... The updater fails with:

"Partition not found.  Aborting firmware update"

Any ideas?

Thanks... heather :-*

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation Live won't take firmware: partition not found error
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:13:53 AM »
Enable the debug options and select rebuild partition table. Your data on the unit will be erased.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

heatherinthemoor

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 05:48:03 PM »
Thanks for your reply.  How do I find where the debug option is? 

...heather

heatherinthemoor

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 06:01:10 PM »
I tried adding

Debug = 1

in the LSUpdate.ini file.  No effect.

...heather

heatherinthemoor

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 08:05:10 PM »
OK.  I figured out what "click the icon" meant.. duh.. I found the hidden menu with debug.  I also used [special flags] instead of just [flags].   So I got it into debug.  I checked all the options and it still fails with partition not found.. aborting firmware update.  So why is this a hide and seek game?

I also finally found some of the missing faqs - they are mixed into the storage forum.. how are you supposed to know that?  I found them by looking at the forum stats and finding most read posts.  Just paging thru 41 pages of the forum seemed too tedious.  Searching for faq brings up lots and lots of extraneous stuff.  I really think that important FAQs should be put under FAQ or something.  Or made sticky. Oh well.

So I'm guessing this drive is toast.  What a shame. :o

heatherinthemoor

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 08:10:44 PM »
Update:  If I only check rebuild partition, I get a new failure!  I'm so excited!   8)  I get a box that says: formating drive... then it aborts and says it fails   :(

This really is poor.  Somewhere there has to be a document that explains all this for the IT gal.  Come on!   :'(

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »
In that case the HDD is faulty.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

heatherinthemoor

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 09:46:30 AM »
Ok,
So what is "restoration" mode?  Is there anything different I should know for a HD-H250LAN?  It is in Emergency mode too.  It has an init button on the back.  How is it used?

So far, I have it at 192.168.11.150 and the power, diag and disk full leds are all flashing about 2x per second.  Running the HD-HLAN FWUpdate.exe fails.  It saves settings, then says the firmware update fails - with or without the root password. 

This drive failed during a firmware update - so I doubt it is totally worthless.  If I could get it to take the old firmware I could start again.

thanks for your help.

...heather

heatherinthemoor

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
Further info: 
after the firmware update fails, the drive disappears from the NASnav.  I have to reboot it into EM to get the 192.168.11.150 address and the drive to appear in NASnav.  What am I doing wrong?

...heather

heatherinthemoor

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
Update:

PC in safe mode, address set to 192.168.11.100, HD-H250LAN in EM at address 192.168.11.150

using LS_144_Firm_Final

Updater saves settings, then transmits firmware, then says firmware has been renewed, then says firware update fails and exits.  Drive has to be rebooted to see it again on NASnav or the firmware updater.

This drive was working yesterday and I made the mistake of trying to update the firmware.

What is wrong with this thing??

thanks..heather

heatherinthemoor

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 12:03:06 PM »
Update x+1

I've wondered whether the firmware version is what is screwing me up.  I've noticed there are 1 series and 2 series files - the 2 series dont work at all so its definitely a 1 series.  Also, there are two sections of HD-H250LAN files - Gigabit model and Linkstation model.  I've tried all the Gigabit files - none work.  I've tried the 1.47 linkstation file and it fails too.  BUT - the 1.44 doesn't exist.  ie, the link is bad or something. 

I've tried downloading all firmwares pointed to in forum posts that pertain to the h250lan.. no luck.

Does anyone know where the 1.44 linkstation version file is?

Please??  Pretty please?   ;)