Author Topic: Captcha and other questions....  (Read 18047 times)

dmz94

• Calf
Captcha and other questions....
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:35:11 AM »
I can appreciate not wanting to get SPAM on the forums. But I really, really struggled with trying to figure out the "extra" verification questions. I had no idea what the second word was of most Buffalo products. After trying everything I could think of, I finally googled it. It is NOT obvious if you are new to Buffalo. Station? Has nothing to do with the product I bought...sorry, I think there are easier questions that also would deter spam. Very frustrating...

WatzaMattaU?

• Calf
Re: Captcha and other questions....
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Just went through the exact problem and gave up trying to guess the word.  Had to call Tech Support for the answer.... and they weren't certain, but did guess correctly.

Gary

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 03:25:03 PM »
Glad i dont have to do that. After a certain amount of post you dont have to enter the captcha anymore. Of course you also cant be flagged either. If you want to know a answer to a question keep trying and it will change the question after a few attempts. :D, I know of these answers,

Performance
Station
Buffalo
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

andlcs

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
I can appreciate not wanting to get SPAM on the forums. But I really, really struggled with trying to figure out the "extra" verification questions. I had no idea what the second word was of most Buffalo products. After trying everything I could think of, I finally googled it. It is NOT obvious if you are new to Buffalo. Station? Has nothing to do with the product I bought...sorry, I think there are easier questions that also would deter spam. Very frustrating...
haha totally agree
this is ridiculous 

peteraloha

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »
A word for the company: I strongly recommend that you read what people shared about your chosen captcha solution. If folks draw conclusions about your products from how you handled the captcha, you are not doing yourself a service. Even technology needs to pay attention to customer service.

With that said, I am sure that there are great folks at Buffalo, as long as they keep the guy in charge of the captcha in check ;-)..........

sumoncpi

• Calf
    • The Best Clipping Path Service Provider
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 05:00:58 AM »
haha totally agree
this is ridiculous

If you first time agree than there are no struggled comeing out . Finaly you have been got Buffalo product.

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 12:04:19 PM »
If you first time agree than there are no struggled comeing out . Finaly you have been got Buffalo product.

So I am going to be honest here and say... what in the world did you even mean by this whole sentence....  "you have been got Buffalo product" ????
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »
I came up with those questions following recommendations from the SMF admin forums. Generally speaking, bots have most of the simple questions memorized, and can actually Google the question.

Go Google "What the square root of nine plus the square root of four?" verbatim, you'll be surprised at the fact that it can answer them so easily. I'm not even certain these won't be easily cracked. We'll have to see.

That said, someone finally programmed bots to answer my questions, we are getting new ones.

Type in the square root of nine plus the square root of four (spell out the answer)? five
What is the fifth word in the following phrase : "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"? have
Type in eighteen minus the square root of forty-nine (spell out the answer)? eleven

**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

DannyBuffalo2

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 05:36:50 AM »
Yes that's true sometimes is really hard to read the letters or words from recaptche image, but it's neccessary to finish registration. If you have any problem try to contact Administrator of forum so they can register you manually. That's he best way. Sometimes when forum is not active you won't get any answer from administrator at all

slowpoke

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 07:39:13 AM »
I remember when I was logging in I had the same problem, it was quite difficult to come up with the answers.. While for the captcha I found this browser extension which solves it for you, it's called: Buster: Captcha Solver for Humans