Author Topic: LS-X1.0TL-EU Problem  (Read 8823 times)

Krebsen

• Calf
LS-X1.0TL-EU Problem
« on: July 29, 2014, 12:18:42 PM »
Hello.

I have tried almost everything I could find in the forum, but I'm still stuck.

I Have a LS-X1.0TL-EU, wich I have changed the HDD to a new 1.0TB, formatted it into NTFS (The old stopped working, so no chance of recover anything from it)

when I switch on my Livestation again, the Blue power light just keeps blinking, I can ping it, but can't connect to it via browser, TFTP or Nas Navigator (It dosen't show up in navigator either).

Hope someone can help me

TMHC

• Calf
Re: LS-X1.0TL-EU Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »
Hi,

I have same problem, did you get a solution ?

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 08:46:42 AM »
You arent suppose to use NTFS, that is a windows base format, You need to leave the drive as unpartition and try it with the TFTP. Once in EM Mode do a force update.

TMHC
Did you do the same thing as Krebsen? or did you unit just start to have a blue blinking light one day after it was working fine?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:48:49 AM by joma90 »
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

TMHC

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »
Hi joma90,

Yes, I formatted to NTFS, I had read somewhere in a forum that was the way to go but thanks for pointing out my mistake. I'll try your recommendation and let you know how I get on.

Graeme

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 11:53:38 AM »
NTFS partitions on a disk will work also, when the TFTP is run it will repartition the disk to 6 XFS partitions anyways. So it doesn't matter if there are no partitions or NTFS partitions on the disk.

Just make sure you have the correct IP set on the NIC of the PC, that you are using the correct TFTP image for your unit and that all security software is disabled.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

TMHC

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 03:25:40 AM »
Hi,

I've hit a brick wall - I deleted the partition, did a disk initialise and created GPT format. Removed the HD from the computer, rebuilt the LinkStation, connected linkstation to the network and there's no sign of it when I run the NASNAVIGATOR 2.

Help !!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 09:45:27 AM »
Hi,

I've hit a brick wall - I deleted the partition, did a disk initialise and created GPT format. Removed the HD from the computer, rebuilt the LinkStation, connected linkstation to the network and there's no sign of it when I run the NASNAVIGATOR 2.

Help !!

Did you actually TFTP the unit? post a screenshot of the output from the TFTP screen.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

TMHC

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 11:24:05 AM »
Hi,

I've not done the TFTP. Never done that before and from what I can read on this forum, I need three things. I have the first one which is NAS Navigator 2, but the other 2 (Latest Firmware and TFTP boot image) - can't seem to find them for my model.

LS-X1.0TL

Is there a generic firmware or boot image I can use ?

Graeme

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:49:08 AM by davo »

TMHC

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 07:37:46 PM »
Hi,

I've tried following the TFPT procedure, here's what I got.

Preparing to write TFTP configuration settings.
TFTP configuration settings have been written.
TFTP Server Multithreaded Version 1.4 Windows Build 1.400

Starting TFTP...
alias / is mapped to C:\Downloaded Programs\BUFFALO TFTP and IMAGE\TFTP Boot Recovery\
listening On: 192.168.11.1:69
listening On: 127:0:0:1:69
permitted to clients: all
server port range: all
max blksize: 65464
default blksize: 512
default interval: 3
overwrite exsisting files: No
thread pool size: 1

accepting requests..
Client 192.168.11.150:2240 c:\Downloaded Programs\BUFFALO TFTP and IMAGE\TFTP Boot Recovery\uUmage.buffalo, 4078 Blocks Served

The NAS Navigator can not find the NAS, but my router does recognise 192.168.11.150 exsists

Graeme
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:49:26 PM by TMHC »

TMHC

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 07:58:18 PM »
Hi,

I'm still not able to get the firmware loaded to the new hard drive, the LSUpdater is not able to find the LinkStation (LinkStation that needs updating wasn't found)

Is it possible to load the files uImage.buffalo and initrd.buffalo onto the hard drive when it's connected to my laptop via SATA cable ?

Starting to wonder if the Buffalo circuit board that attaches to the hard drive is knackered ?

Graeme