Author Topic: LS421DE: how to copy files from Disk1 to Disk2 with FULL speed?  (Read 1939 times)

S.P.

• Calf
I have a LinkStation LS421DE (latest firmware) with two WD hard disks installed: 4TB (Disk1) and 2TB (Disk2). What I need is to move some directories from Disk1 to Disk2. I initiate transfer through Windows7/64 computer and it certainly works but speed is only 10-12MB/s. At the same time PC to NAS file copy speed is 35-55MB/s.

Is there any way to copy files from Disk1 to Disk2 at full speed which NAS support?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:50:17 AM by S.P. »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS421DE: how to copy files from Disk1 to Disk2 with FULL speed?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »
Set up a backup via the GUI from disk 1 to disk 2, otherwise it will need to go through the. Eat work hence the slower speeds.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

S.P.

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »
Thanks, I tried this. WEB-interface allows to select source folder(s) from Disk1 or Disk2 but targer folder could be only on another NAS divice, not local one...

S.P.

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 12:03:49 PM »
It appears that there is NO way to copy one Disk1 to Disk2 with good speed inside LS421DE... Hard to imagine why this was omitted in WEB interface of this NAS. If I need to upgrade one of disks to larger one, I need to copy data to some external storage and then back to NAS. I would not buy this NAS if was aware of that earlier :-(... If "performance matters" for Buffalo, why hours of time should be wasted during disk upgrade?