Author Topic: LS421DE - DLNA not working, 'No response received from NAS'  (Read 8826 times)

ljadams

• Calf
LS421DE - DLNA not working, 'No response received from NAS'
« on: February 15, 2014, 05:10:33 AM »
Hi,

I recently purchased a LS421. I have been able to set it up with a single disk and copy files to it with no problems at all.

On enabling DLNA I could not see the device on any of my DLNA clients (I have three other Linkstation Pros that have been working fine for years).
The DLNA status on the home screen flips between 'enabled' and 'not running'.
If I try to change any settings such as Initialising the database, deactivating and reactivating the share, search for updates etc. I always receive the message 'No response received from NAS' after a few seconds of the setting being attempted to be applied.
If I try to view the client list I received the message 'A system error occurred. Reboot the LinkStation and try configuring it again.'

I have rebooted a number of times, initialised LinkStation settings via restore/erase, upgraded the firmware from 1.30 to 1.31 and swapped out the disk but nothing has so far resolved the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:16:18 AM by ljadams »

Mathiau

• Calf
Re: LS421DE - DLNA not working, 'No response received from NAS'
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 07:48:46 PM »
I have just had this exact same issue. I went to stream to my WDLive Plus, came in to set the language which was in Chinese, even though the main language was set to English (why not just have 1 language setting for the entire box?)

Came to my computer and i could not access any of the shares, i could ping the box, but not access it. had to do a hard reboot on it.

Once i was in and tried to set the language for DLNA, got the error message, 2 reboots later and i finally got the language set.

And now after rebooting the box, i have files and folders missing it seems.

I know this is a cheap box, but can companies not make products any more that "just work:....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:52:01 PM by Mathiau »

KingBubbaTruck

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:16:06 PM »
What an odd coincidence. This just happenend to my LS420D as well.

It used to work great, now, no folders or files are showing up.

Mathiau

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »
After a while my folders came back, it is as if the DLNA service kills the devices, or interferes with something briefly and while the system fixes's it's self, things don't work properly at all..

KingBubbaTruck

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »
Well, I think I finally got it to work again.  Apparently some settings must have gotten blown away somehow for the 'Twonky' Media Library.

What I did to get it working was to go to windows explorer and click on network.  Under Media Devices, I saw there was a myTwonky Library at LS420DF34.

Right click on it and select 'View Device Webpage'. That takes you to a webpage with an address on your lan at port 9000 like "http://192.168.1.101:9000/".  Your ip address will probably be different than mine.

I clicked on Sharing and noticed there were no folders being shared.  So I browsed around till I found my disk array and added that folder "/mnt/array1/media_library" and selected share all conent types.

It all seems to be working fine now.  Hope this help someone else, because I sure couldn't find this info anywhere.

nivaldomjunior

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 09:35:42 AM »

Hi,

I'm with the same problem. How did you create the folder "/mnt/array1/media_library"?
I didnt find the link "sharing" that you talked about.
Could you please explain again?

Thanks,

Nivaldo Montenegro Jr

KingBubbaTruck

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 09:50:48 AM »
/mnt/array1/media_library is the default media library 'share' that is created in the linkstation configuration utility.

The rest of what I describe has to take place in the twonky library config (http://192.168.1.101:9000/#sharing)

The way to get there is to just enter the ipaddress for your linkstation, with the port 9000.

[attachment deleted by admin]