Author Topic: "Reading - Please wait...." won't go away (LS421DE)  (Read 6274 times)

Doctor_G

• Calf
"Reading - Please wait...." won't go away (LS421DE)
« on: June 03, 2014, 05:50:49 AM »
I set up my Liinkstation 421E with two W.D. Red drives (3TB each) in Raid 1. After a few weeks, the Linkstation indicated that one drive had failed. I RAM'd it and got a new one. Plugged in the new one, and the Linkstation says that it has failed. I tried simply deleting everything on the drive (using a desktop computer to delete all of the partitions on the drive) and plugged it back into the LinkStation. The Linkstation worked fine for a bit, but then sent me an e-mail saying the drive failed with too many bad sectors.

ANYWAY; before I RMA the second drive, I'd like to check the NAS to see if there's anything I can do. However, whenever I try to load up the administrative site, it takes forever, and gets stuck on "Reading -- Please Wait..." I can't click through to the options underneath, so I can't manage the NAS. All of the files are still accessible over the mounted drives on my computer as well as Web Access, but I can't go in to change any settings.

I've tried accessing the site through Internet Explorer as well as Google Chrome. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. Is this a firmware bug?

It sounded like this person had a similar issue... http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=19139.msg75524#msg75524

[attachment deleted by admin]

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: "Reading - Please wait...." won't go away (LS421DE)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »
I've tried accessing the site through Internet Explorer as well as Google Chrome. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. Is this a firmware bug?

What firmware are you using?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Doctor_G

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 02:02:18 PM »
Using 1.31 I tried with both the one posted as well as the BuffaloLink Beta one (which is what it's running now)... same problem.

Doctor_G

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 02:52:49 PM »
Nobody else getting this problem...?

Doctor_G

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 12:47:08 AM »
bump

Doctor_G

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 12:35:42 AM »
Update: I tried running the LinkStation on one drive while I was waiting to get a new drive (to replace the failed one), and it seemed to work okay. Now, when I put the new drive in, it won't let me add it to the raid -- it gives me an error saying to reboot the NAS and try again. Grrrr....

Doctor_G

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 02:20:16 AM »
Another update: It's been running since my past update, and seems to be serving files decently. Now, when I try to log on to the settings page, I just see a blank white screen.

Looking at the page source, I see that it's just loaded a few scripts and a style sheet. When I open the JavaScript console on Chrome, it shows the following error:

Uncaught Ext.Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved dynamically. Missing required class: Ext.forms.login_main_bis                ext-all-debug.js:4738

Any ideas?