Author Topic: AC bridging around the house  (Read 6605 times)

sysconp1

• Calf
AC bridging around the house
« on: July 05, 2014, 01:16:57 PM »
I am hopingthat someone on here can help me please...

Ok, I have a 200Mbps broadband conection coming in through a modem to a DLink DIR-850L AC router that I am able to get around 140Mbps on a wireless connection to my laptop, so I know that is all good. I have just bought two Buffalo WHR-1166D AC routers with a view to bridging them to the DLink router and providing a link to upstairs in my home without the need for wiring.
I have put the 1166D into bridge mode and I am able to see it wirelessly. If I connect to the 1166D by ethernet cable I can see the downstairs router but I am unable to reach the internet. Ideally I would like to be able to plug in Internet enabled appliances (Blu-Ray, TV etc.) on one router and plug the other into a switch to feed my computer room. Anything plugging into the router can get a DHCP address, but cannot reach the internet. Does anyone have any ideas please?
I am sure it is something really simple... the gateway / internal DNS address is *.*.0.1 and the 1166D address is *.*.0.190. The aim is to connect devices to 0.190 via ethernet and wireless, so I am sure it is something to do with the way the devices are seeing the gateway... any clues??? Thanks in advance.