Author Topic: WZR-1750DHP Beta Firmware with NoIP DDNS functionality available.  (Read 18571 times)

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
You can find it here.

http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/wzr1750dhp-214a-BETA.zip

Yes, this is the only platform that it's on, and I have no information to give about when or if other platforms might gain this functionality. As with most beta software, it works in testing, but is not supported by technical support if it does not in your environment.

Remember, open source DD-WRT firmware is developed by the DD-WRT community, any updates for routers shipping with DD-WRT will likely be posted on the DD-WRT community site.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

Overcon

• Calf
Re: WZR-1750DHP Beta Firmware with NoIP DDNS functionality available.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
After we flash the router with this Firmware, how do we get it back up and transmitting? I flashed my DD-WRT today with this firmware and after a reboot nothing. i have lights, but no ping reply and no interface and when I did an IP scan I didn't get a reply from any unknown IP's.

Netvicious

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 06:05:47 AM »
And what about other routers ?

I think it's not as difficult to create one upgrade for each router, including old ones. Buffalo it's leaving old customers without free ddns and if will force us to buy a new router (and If I do it surely it won't be Buffalo branded).

AlexBorro

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 05:13:45 AM »
There is an issue in the updater. It takes the WAN IP as public IP which is not always true. I'm behind a router and the WAN IP is private. The No-IP service should to take the public IP from incoming connection, exactly the way it does for its DUC Windows client.

Please developers, fix it.

Cheers.

Alex.

icneo

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 12:29:17 AM »
That's true, +1, please developers add the functionality to check the external ip address.