Author Topic: How to Configure Buffalo Router for use with Microcell  (Read 2725 times)

tbsmith3rd

• Calf
How to Configure Buffalo Router for use with Microcell
« on: May 21, 2014, 02:53:21 PM »
I have a Buffalo WZR-HP-G450H.  I use an AT&T microcell.  Currently the only way I can get it to work is to put the microcell between the cable modem and the buffalo router.  This means the microcell has to be properly working as every packet has to pass through the microcell.  This has performance implications and additionally causes frequent outages as the ATT microcell is a flaky contraption, requiring frequent reboots.  Would like to place the microcell behind the router on one of the hardwared links.  As currently configured this does not work.  Does anyone have a clue as to how to configure router so that microcell will function.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: How to Configure Buffalo Router for use with Microcell
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:26:06 PM »
You might try putting the microcell in the DMZ.

tbsmith3rd

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 04:26:02 PM »
tried DMZ previously, no success though admit I don't see why this does not work. 

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 08:35:58 AM »
If it works when connected directly to the modem but won't work in the DMZ... I'm not sure. Are you giving it a static IP? I'm afraid I don't have any experience with these devices. Have you checked with AT&T?