Author Topic: Warning Code Mismatched To Linkstation Model  (Read 2889 times)

Steverobbins

• Calf
Warning Code Mismatched To Linkstation Model
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »
  I have a linkstation LS-CHL386. its a red interface  V2 i believe and firmware is 1.56.

It has this nagging problem for over a year now where it flashes a code of 3 long. It has been suggested on a previous attempt at getting an answer that this is the HD failing. However, the manual has no such code for this code and and online search has returned a code 30 that is a HD has failed and has been disconnected from the RAID array.
  This is technically difficult as there is only one drive and it functions fine. The only other possibility is i am reading it wrong (doubtful) and it is in fact an error code 03 meaning the RTC chip is failing/failed.
The email function states that it is a Disk problem. but does not specify what.
  To make matters worse. I can not run the disk check on the drive. sometimes it decides it is fine and turns blue. Could this be a read/write error due to power failures and would a reformat Help this situation? As the disk makes no unusual noise and functions perfectly otherwise. Is there also a way to read the SMART info?
Thanks for any help.

Steverobbins

• Calf
Re: Warning Code Mismatched To Linkstation Model
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »
Just a quick Update.

The Error code is E30 and thie NAS Navigator has communication problems with the NAS when it starts up.

Steverobbins

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 01:12:13 PM »
And one more. May be unrelated. It recently started to freeze. It wont turn off except by killing the power.  plus, it always takes a minute or more to see the log in screen to appear.

Any help is appreciated but I am beginning to believe other makes first come replacement time

Steverobbins

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 05:42:59 PM »
I started back ups using a fully functional external USB 2 hard drive. This link station is reporting it as having errors. so i`m posting what it says here. This is highly unlikely to be a real fault. as this Disk wash checked before it was attached to the NAS

DISK Error Notification

HDD error occurred
Disk(s) the error occurred:"USB Disk 1"

(sdb) READ sector:478788 count:13
Disk writing error
Continuous backup is recommended.

[LinkStationInformation]
 LinkStationName: Ls-chl386 (LS-CHL)
 Time: 2014/06/22 22:46:12

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 03:59:43 AM »
Yes the internal HDD is failing, it cannot be anything else. The USB HDD you connected has 1 bad block. Why do you not believe what is being presented to you?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Steverobbins

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »
I am Struggling because code 30 is the drive has been disconnected from the raid array. It is a single disk And this USB drive developed an error less than a 2 months from being attached to the NAS and it is used only for backing up the data. IF the Internal drive really is failing (and we well know as soon as I have replaced the hard drive) Then I wouldn't expect it to run flawlessly for over a year. I would also expect that the Disk Check on the NAS would work correctly on the drive as it does on the USB drive.
The reason I posted is because the code is mismatched to the model of NAS and It could be a symptom of something else wrong with the NAS, as I suspect the case to be. Such as a firmware issue. Is that not after all the point of a forum?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 03:38:44 PM »
E30 = HDD error. And is excluded from the raid IF applicable.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:54:19 AM by davo »
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Steverobbins

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 05:14:30 PM »
Ok. But then why is it flashing E30? its not listed in the manual for the machine. Thats the code it is flashing. Not E07. That is a part of what makes me believe its a false reading. Hence checking on the forum. I know it may frustrate you and you are probably thinking "what is this dick not able to comprehend". But I work mostly with Software and not the Hardware. Most of my experience says "When something unexpected happens. It is not normally what It says it is. So check to make sure before spending stupid money to fix it"
But thank you for your help