Author Topic: LinkStation Setup and OSX  (Read 1571 times)

Bod

• Calf
LinkStation Setup and OSX
« on: April 30, 2009, 03:03:41 AM »

Hello All :)

I got a 1TB LinkStation yesterday, so obviously spent the evening excitedly setting it up!  The install didn't go as smoothly as I'd have hoped.  While installing the client software on my PC (running XP) it couldn't see the link station and wouldn't work.  After a few more failed attempts, I switched everything off and back on and it just seemed to work ok after that and I setup a share from my laptop.  I switched my PS3 on and that kinda just worked, it could see the linkstation and happily streamed a few photo's and MP3s I put on as a test.

I've recently caught the Apple bug and bought a new Macbook recently (running OSX), so still finding my way around a little.  I inserted the disk in the drive and started to install the linkstation software, I confirmed that the CAT 5 connected the router to the LinkStation etc and that the blue light was on.  I though this was a little odd as I don't want to set the LinkStation up, I purely wanted to install the software on my Mac so that I could see the linkStation.  Anyhow, when running through the instal procedure, the installation kept saying that it couldn't see a LinkStation.

This was a bit off as my PS3 and Windows Laptop could see it and were steaming at the time, so am baffled as to why the Mac couldn't see a LinkStation.  Does anyone have any advice on where to start?  I new to Macs, and know the LinkStation works, so guess it's a problem with the Mac side of business.

If anyone can offer any help, I'd be extremely grateful!

Many Thanks

Bod