Author Topic: Lack of updates for BRXL-16U3 Blu-ray writer  (Read 4583 times)

HU

• Calf
Lack of updates for BRXL-16U3 Blu-ray writer
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:22:56 AM »
Hello,

I'm a new customer of Buffalo products and I have to say I'm disappointed due to the lack of firmware updates for this Blu-ray writer. I will try to explain.

I know the internal drive inside of the enclosure is a LG BH16NS48, so please DON'T TELL me that you don't know what drive actually is (official response). The firmware ID is "HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH16NS48 1.00", and this string belongs to the mentioned LG BH16NS48 internal drive. My problem is I cannot update the firmware's drive using any of the official LG updaters for the internal version, since this is a rebadged LG drive but "transformed into" an external drive. I want to do this task because LG have already released 2 updates to date (please see THIS). Of course, there are no updates on the Buffalo Support page for this drive and the LG updaters do not work; although they recognize the drive as valid, progress dialog sticks at 0% and program hangs itself.

Please tell me if you are going to release specific updates for this drive, at least to be equal to the BH16NS48 for performance enhancements. If your reply is negative, I'm sorry to say I will return this drive and I will buy another drive of another brand with BETTER SUPPORT, probably an internal drive and a drive enclosure.

Thank you for your help and regards.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:55:56 AM by HU »

HU

• Calf
Re: Lack of updates for BRXL-16U3 Blu-ray writer
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
I've also written a case to Buffalo Tech Support Europe and this is their reply:

Customer Reference Number: X-XXXXX

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Buffalo Helpdesk.

There are no Firmware updates available for that device and there aren't going to be released any Firmware updates.

If you try to modify the internal software of the device you will void the warranty.

If you have any additional issues or feedback please do not hesitate to contact us again

Regards,

Miguel

Buffalo Technology Helpdesk

Is this an ACCEPTABLE REPLY for a customer?? What kind of joke is this?

Any administrator/moderator can help me?

Thanks again

HU

• Calf
Re: Lack of updates for BRXL-16U3 Blu-ray writer
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 07:52:37 AM »
Well, I've already returned the drive to the seller. Thank you for NULL support, Buffalo Tech. Until you allow updates to your external burners, I will not buy anything from you.

Regards from a disappointed customer in Spain.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:55:29 AM by HU »