Author Topic: Second part of word in most Buffalo Products:  (Read 11304 times)

Mathiau

• Calf
Second part of word in most Buffalo Products:
« on: May 01, 2014, 08:11:07 PM »
Second part of word in most Buffalo Products:

no idea!! the most annoying captch i have ever dealt with

Link
tech
Tech
Performance

I do not know, clearly it is not obvious or i am just straight up retarded and missing something obvious....

theamazingsm2

• Calf
  • http://www.amazingspiderman-2.com/
    • Download Amazing spider Man 2
Re: Second part of word in most Buffalo Products:
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:11:52 AM »
Its "Station" :) Don't Thank Me I got it after too much trouble and what is the answer for the other Captcha that American.

Mathiau

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »
Appreciated, some other people on [H] forums point that out to me, guess i am not a hardcore Buffalo fan to know the answer to such a question, i am sure many other's arent either and considering it has been 3 days since emailing them about it, hate to think of how many people can't register on the forums cause of this.

it is really the worst captch system i have ever seen and since bots can get past over %95 of captch systems these days, just have better forum moderators around to deal with any spam that does get by.

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
Before I added those questions, the place was overflowing with spam. The spammers, including Mr. Amazing Spiderman 2 there, will teach it to their bots eventually. And then I'll have to change it.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

peteraloha

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 11:25:58 PM »
Eastmarch: With all due respect.......................your rationale and your intent goes way beyond *any* common sense. You're not doing your company and products a service with how you handled this.

What I call it: "Completely out of touch".

Peter

peteraloha

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 11:32:57 PM »
Just to be clear: Believe me, I have no issue at all that you protect yourself from Spam! - What I object to is exactly what this thread addresses: When first registering, I had no clue *what* the answer was to Q 2. This is not how you invite people into a forum, you drive the away.

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 12:09:53 PM »
The spam is back -_- maybe we can adopt what google does with the box that says your not a robot and you put a check mark in it?

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2014/12/are-you-robot-introducing-no-captcha.html
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people