Author Topic: Hs-DH500GL Error  (Read 2700 times)

TK

• Calf
Hs-DH500GL Error
« on: April 27, 2009, 10:36:55 PM »

I have my HS-DH500GL connected through my home network router WRT150N Linksys. However when I turn it on, after a short while, I get 4 flashes of my red error light. Manual says 4 flashes means my fan is not working correctly but I seriously doubt that is the problem. I have downladed the most current version of the LS updater (hs-dhgl_211_101) and tried to update but I can't since the software cannot locate my drive on network. Nas Navigator as well cannot locate it. I have backed up about 70% of the data on the drive and would hate to lose the rest. I am currently on Windows XP Professional SP3. Is there any information on how to resolve this issue? Please let me know. Thanks

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Hs-DH500GL Error
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 10:51:03 PM »

TK

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 07:02:34 PM »

I tried the instructions and still could not locate the drive. Almost despairing completely, I took it to a third party data recovery vendor. Good news is that the drive is working and they can view the data. Bad news is that I need a new drive housing. Is this something the buffalo offers for sale? Please advise.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 07:18:14 PM »

Buffalo cannot provide replacement parts. Which company did you use?

At this time, Buffalo does not "recommend" data recovery businesses. There are no "Buffalo Technology approved" data recovery locations. However, there are some businesses that our customers have found to be very good, and our customers have shared those business names with us. We give out these customer-recommended names to other customers.

Message Edited by drmemory on 05-05-2009 04:12 PM