Author Topic: Web access seems to be working fine...but...  (Read 1896 times)

be23skido

• Calf
Web access seems to be working fine...but...
« on: April 27, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »

I just installed my Linkstation Pro Duo 1TB this weekend and everything seems to be working fine. I can access it via the network from all my computers on my network and I can even access it via the web access on two of my computers. The other two computers and my computer at work cannot access it via the web.

Are there any browser settings I  need to set to make this work? It works on two of my computers and I didn't see any specific differences between the PC that were able to access it and those that couldn't (granted I was jumping back and forth between rooms).

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Web access seems to be working fine...but...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »
What settings are enabled for the Web Access (i.e. HTTPS/SSL, manual port config, UPnP, etc.)?  Also, if manual port configuration was enabled on the NAS did you manually forward that port in your router to the IP address of the NAS.  Additionally, which firmware version are you running?

be23skido

• Calf
Re: Web access seems to be working fine...but...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 03:03:04 PM »
   I know that SSL has not been enabled and that I manually had to set up the FW. I used Port Forwarding to target the NAS and that seemed to work for some of the PCs. So far only two PCs won't give me access via the Web. One is a Vista PC and the other is at work behind a very tight FW. I can however get to www.buffalonas.com on both PCs but when I put in the name of the NAS it times out.