Author Topic: HD-CELU2 640GB remote access??  (Read 3356 times)

jrausch

• Calf
HD-CELU2 640GB remote access??
« on: April 18, 2009, 06:52:39 PM »
   I recently set up my network drive, after enountering some difficulty I realized that you have to use different drive letters when mapping to the drive (at least with Vista) when setting up several computers.  I have, however, not been able to access it remotely, i.e. outside my home network.  I was recently out of town and when using my computer on the hotel's free wi-fi, I was unable to connect to the drive.  I can access it fine within my network, but nowhere else.  The wi-fi was open so I don't think there would have been any firewalls preventing this.  I would have thought this was possible, is it?  If so, I am not doing something I should be?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: HD-CELU2 640GB remote access??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »
generally if you are unable to access it remotely but you can locally its a port forwarding issue.  Make sure you have the correct ports forwarded in your router.

jrausch

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:42:32 PM »
   Ah yes, now I recall I had the same problem with my Slingbox and that was the problem.  I know where to go on my router, but how do I determine the internal/external ports that my hard drive uses to put into the router screen?  I am somewhat of a beginner when it comes to networking...

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:53:16 PM »
you just need to forward port 9000 and make sure it is selected in the web access tab in the web interface of your HD

woolf

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 02:24:48 PM »
   Where exactly is the "web access tab?"  When I open up the indx page for my HD-CELU2 via the IP address, I do not see anything called that.