Author Topic: Linkstation Issues  (Read 3002 times)

njschwartz

• Calf
Linkstation Issues
« on: April 13, 2009, 11:11:24 AM »

I have rapidly become a very disgruntled Buffalo user.  I had a Buffalo Linkstation HS-DH500GL which after about 9 months had a hard drive failure.  I was somewhat happy with RMA process.  I am in the military and live in Japan thus USPS is my only option.  Since Buffalo will only use UPS I ended up having to pay shipping both ways which while not crazy expensive was still not ideal, but at least I was getting a "new" linkstation right.  Well I recieved the new drive, same model, and after only 2 weeks it has begun to shutdown and emit a continues beep tone.  I called customer service who offered to RMA it again, but were unwilling to pay for the shipping or offer an sort of upgrade to perhaps a less defect prone product. When I asked what the beep meant the guy on the phone simply said it indicated some sort of problem, wow very insightful, thanks!  Ohh, and for some reason I have to resubmit my proof of purchase which took over a week last time to get a response to.  They should still have the **bleep** thing on file, it's only been a month since I submitted it the first time!  Needless to say I am beyond frustrated with this company at the moment.

As if the above is not bad enough, I now see that one of the main features I had used in the past seems to have disappeared.  I used to use the web access to stream my audio files.  I can stream them one by one still, but the audio link that the manual says should be in the bottom left corner does not exist.  I am using the latest 2.11 firmware.  It amazes me that they can take an advertised function away with no repercussions or explanation.  The ability to easily upload to the device is new to me and very nice, but I want my audio playlist feature back.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem or has heard if it is going to be fixed?  I know this post is a bit of a rant, but I am curious to know if others are having similar issues with Buffalo like I am or if I am just unlucky!

Nate

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »
My apologies I mistook your post for another when moving it. My fault.
Message Edited by Dustrega on 04-25-2009 02:57 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »

My apologies for the difficulties you've had with our RMA procedure, but this is not the place to complain. If you have issues with our RMA process, please contact our support office.

As far as the audio link disappearing, our development team has been notified and is working toward a solution.

Message Edited by Colin137 on 04-25-2009 03:06 PM