Author Topic: LS-CHL User access to permission folder denied  (Read 11653 times)

ps

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL User access to permission folder denied
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »

I had the same problem with my ls-chl (1TB) with firmware 1.07. I had a folder to which I could only connect to as admin. The user I added was identical to my windows user. As soon as I tried to login with this user it did'nt work (Username or password wrong). Not even after deleting all network connections to the ls-chl and attempting to connect via "net use ... /USER:myUser".   

The problem was gone as soon as I deletet all users, all usergroups and redefined only the users (without any groups) I gave permission to the share only on userlevel. Two users were able to login at the same time.

Anyhow when I logged in to the nas via web with the admin account both users lost their connection to the share and could not reconnect. Only after I deletet the users and redefined them.

It ist not satisfying and does not seem to be very stable.

TomasPTE

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL User access to permission folder denied
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 08:25:40 AM »

old post but this happened to me aswell, with the newest firmware..maby its a win thing. So if you goggled here as me here goes:

1. try first to find the shre in Explorer.exe. Tools->Disconnect drive..
  2. go for command promt 
  3. try  gui http://nothinginparticularsid.blogspot.com/2007/05/version-11-of-net-use.html

Use command promt (cmd.exe)

NET USE

and find the share

NET USE \\YOUR_SHARE_NAME /delete