Author Topic: Accessing Terastation Pro 2 shares via Samba  (Read 3803 times)

djbit

• Calf
Accessing Terastation Pro 2 shares via Samba
« on: October 22, 2008, 11:18:40 AM »

I have a weird issue that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

I'm wanting to connect to shared folders on our TeraStation using Samba (w/both Linux and Mac).  Using the Linux box (haven't tried it on the Mac yet) I'm able to see the shares (\\nas1\ is the host) and authenticate with a LOCAL user (ituser is the name of the user) that I created on the TeraStation. 

Authenticating with the local user allows me to view the shared folders, but it does not allow me to mount the shared folder without again authenticating. 

To mount the folder, I must authenticate with one of the domain users who have permission to view the folder.  I cannot mount the folder using the "ituser" (which is a user local to the TeraStation).

What I don't get is that I've added "ituser" to the Read/Write permissions of that shared folder, just as the domain users are under the Read/Write permissions.  Why can I not use "ituser" to mount the folder?  Is there something I'm missing?

Summarizing, to access the shared folder via Samba, I must first authenticate with the "ituser", then to mount the shared folder, I must authenticate with a domain user.  I cannot use a domain user for the first authentication, and I cannot use "ituser" for the second authentication.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

djbit

• Calf
Re: Accessing Terastation Pro 2 shares via Samba
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:01:55 AM »
   bump...