Author Topic: 404 error on web access with LS-CH500L  (Read 2081 times)

ProfDan

• Calf
404 error on web access with LS-CH500L
« on: April 21, 2009, 02:35:20 AM »

Using web access, I can see the folders that I have placed on the Link Station Live (LS-CH500L).  However, when I try to open files, I get a 404--file not found.  These are generally WORD files and I do have WORD on my computer.  Indeed, I can open these files when I access them directly via the network (not the internet).  Is there some sort of size limit placed on the web access system?  I really need to be able to access and open and work these files when I am in a remote situation.  So, please some of you long time users of these systems, please help me out.  Please reply off line at danl@hawaii.edu

Thanks

Dan Landis

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: 404 error on web access with LS-CH500L
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:31:32 PM »
   it sounds like there could be a problem with some type of encryption you couldve set up when u set up the web access settings.  Go through all the settings again turn off the firewall, and ssl encryption.  And update your firmware along with making sure port 9000 is open on your router.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 05:44:33 PM »
Also make sure that you arent using any invalid characters in the title of the documents.  Also how much are you storing that you are trying to use via web access?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 05:49:48 PM »
It looks like we have had issues with a "#" being in the file name becuase the web server parses special characters