Author Topic: Webserver settings can not be accessed - solved  (Read 2147 times)

Jet68

• Calf
Webserver settings can not be accessed - solved
« on: April 13, 2014, 05:36:06 AM »
I got a LS-WXLDCD on firmware 1.65 and it is running fine as storage with Raid 1 activated. Mediaserver is doing his job and direct copy works as well.

Now I wanted to set up the webserver but whenever I select the "Web Server" link in the admin interface the web interface gets stuck.
The whole page gets kind of dim or transparent like always when clicking a link but then it does not continue to react.

I can go back, have to log in again but I never get to the settings page for the Web Server.
All other areas of the interface I can access.

Waiting for ever does not help, restart of the whole NAS also not.
No matter if I run it from my Win7 desktop(firefox) or my android tab (dolfin browser)

Any idea what to do?

Thank you
Jet
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:17:38 AM by Jet68 »

Net7

• Hating Disclaimers, and loving it.
  • Tatanka
  • NeverEnoughBacon
Re: Webserver settings can not be accessed
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »
Weird, did you try Chrome or god forbid IE?

I have v1.68 (from the EU site, same hardware) on my LS-V and it pulls up fine when I click on the WebServer tab...

Then again, if you have a residential ISP, they will contact you if they find you running a WebServer... I had someone read the ToS I never read myself, to me! IT WAS AMAZING! I also made them explain and example each statement! STILL AMAZING!

Jet68

• Calf
Re: Webserver settings can not be accessed
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 11:16:34 AM »
I tried IE and it is working... :-)

As I tried Dolphin before I could hardly imagine its the browser and without your post I would not have checked it again.

Thank you!

TheSidewinder

• Calf
Re: Webserver settings can not be accessed - solved
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »
This just happened to me on a Terastation III. In Firefox, clicking the WebServer tab made the screen go somewhat gray and then... nothing. Cleared cache, cookies, even js cache, nada.

Switched to Internet Explorer and it works fine.

Just a heads up, anyone experiencing this should try as many browsers as you have until you find one that works.