Author Topic: TS-XL problem replacing failed drive  (Read 4444 times)

Vitor Pereira

• Calf
TS-XL problem replacing failed drive
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:34:22 AM »
Hi, I have a TS-XL with firmware version 1.59. It has 4 disks in one raid 5 array. Disk one failed and the display panel is showing "OperationModeI12DEGRADE MODE" and "HD1 Broken E30 Replace the DISK".

The problem is the led next to disk 1 is flashing and not lit meaning I should not remove the disk. The web interface is displaying "Changing RAID Array... Cannot change all of the configurations until changing Raid Array is completed. Also share folder service is not working." and will not let me remove the drive from the array, make any other change or even shutdown the Terastation.

Does anyone know how can I remove the drive safely?

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: TS-XL problem replacing failed drive
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 02:58:45 PM »
This unit has hotswap function for if a drive fails.  But first can you still access your data fine, if so simply remove disk one and replace it. Add the new disk in and hit the function button. Heres a guide on HDD Replacement http://manual.buffalo.jp/buf-doc/35011220-3_EN.pdf
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

manoj_rv

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 05:02:44 AM »
Hi Vitor

I am too facing the same issue as the Hard disk keeps flashing Red & Green Colour,also i  cannot shutdown the terastation nor remove the hard disk, how did you replace the harddisk in such scenario?

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 08:07:33 AM »
Did you not read the post I put??????

This unit has hotswap function for if a drive fails.  But first can you still access your data fine, if so simply remove disk one and replace it. Add the new disk in and hit the function button. Heres a guide on HDD Replacement http://manual.buffalo.jp/buf-doc/35011220-3_EN.pdf
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

manoj_rv

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:56:10 PM »
Hi joma

I backed up the entire NAS before hot swapping the drive , swapped it today & is working fine.

Rgds

Manoj