Author Topic: LS-CHL v1 - Power disconnected midway through firmware flash  (Read 2018 times)

woottonn

• Calf
LS-CHL v1 - Power disconnected midway through firmware flash
« on: March 21, 2014, 09:54:22 AM »
Hi all,

The other day my LS-CHL V1 (blue admin theme) was updating firmware (http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/download/lschl-112.zip) - now either the power went off (which it did) before the firmware had finished updating, or I somehow accidentally installed the Japanese firmware version :(

Since then I cannot access it, the light just flashes blue indefinitely.

Then I have tried to locate the device through the NAS Navigator and it hasn't seen anything.

I then phoned Buffalo support and got told it needed to be put into EM mode, where by I would need to unplug the device, plug it back in and wait for 65 seconds until the flashing blue light turns solid, and if it didn't do this after 75 seconds I need to repeat until it does so. I counted 35 times in a row I tried this but the light never turned blue.

Tonight I am going to boot a linux cd and get my data backed up as the first port of call.

But what are my next options? I have read I need to do a TFTP boot (with TFTP Boot Recovery LS-CHL 1.06.exe)when the client is in EM mode... but I can't seem to get it into EM mode - or does the TFTP boot do this for me?

I'm at a loss, does anyone have any experience with this?

Regards

Nick

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: LS-CHL v1 - Power disconnected midway through firmware flash
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »
The TFTP should put your unit in EM mode. I would try another computer, safe mode with networking, also make sure any firewall and antivirus is off.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people