Author Topic: FTP LinkStation Live Access  (Read 4364 times)

sjab2

• Calf
FTP LinkStation Live Access
« on: November 08, 2008, 02:50:30 AM »
   I've set this up and it works but is seems to show an info file and media sever files when you log onto the ftp address annonymously.  I've secured my other files for user access only but can't seem to work out how to hide these files or disable annonymous log ons

loulou

• Calf
Re: FTP LinkStation Live Access
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:22:34 AM »

Hi sjab2,

you have to go on your web admin console , shared folder  and click on info folder then  choose hide.

for the other point i think you have to go to the webaccess menu and then choose on the drop down menu the last option : use inherited folder autorisations (something like that )

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »
You can also disable the anonymous login by adding a user anonymous and give them access to nothing.

ctf2008

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 01:19:02 PM »

^^ I have a Linkstation LS-CH640L with v1.06 on. Having loggin into the Web Based management screen, I selected "Shared Folders" clicked on the info share and selected "hide"

I also tried creating an anonymous account with no password, didnt work. So then I assigned it a password and gave it access to nothing

So why when I go ftp://FTP://my_linkstation .... I get the info share showing still when I hid it and why is the anonymous being let in still?

Thanks

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 05:14:08 PM »
I've done some experimenting with this and found that different case sensitivities in the anonymous login cause it to ignore the user permissions set for the name that doesn't match (due to of course the case not matching). We're checking into it.