Author Topic: Adding a second drive - Reading....Please wait  (Read 2635 times)

Autumnsboy

• Calf
Adding a second drive - Reading....Please wait
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:50:23 PM »
I've been working with the LS421DE and two new Seagate 3TB drives.  After much hassle and cleaning drive #1 I was eventually able to get the forced firmware update and drive #1 formatted and working.  So now with one drive in the case the system seems good.

My goal is to run the  two 3TB drives in RAID 1.  I have added the 2nd drive and found the Linkstation.  For status I am getting:  I32:  Drive 2 detected.  Rebuild the RAID array or format the drive.  This is where I am now stuck.  I have tried to go to the settings.  I am at the web browser with the Buffalo setup page greyed in the background but with a message box:  Reading.  Please wait.....  and the cursor circle spinning.

First question:  How do I get past this point so I can actually do some set up?  This had worked previously when I just had drive #1 in place.  With the second drive I can't seem to get past this.

Second question:  Once I get past this, do I need to do a drive 2 format first or do I go straight into attempting to build the RAID 1 array?

Thanks,
I'm not in IT so have patience. 

Doctor_G

• Calf
Re: Adding a second drive - Reading....Please wait
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 05:53:00 AM »
Hi Autumnsboy,

Were you able to find a solution to the problem of the stuck error message? I'm having a similar issue with my 421DE. ( http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=20152.0 )