Author Topic: USB Printer on WZR-300HP  (Read 2899 times)

akaufman

• Calf
USB Printer on WZR-300HP
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:53:29 PM »

I recently purchased an AirStation HighPower N300 and so far, I have not been able to figure out how to print to a USB printer connected to it. Before I go any further here are my specs:

Model: WZR-300HP

Firmware: DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (07/09/12) std - build 19438

I tried to just connect to it as an LPD but my Mac reported the connection as "Busy".

In other posts it looks like folks installed opkg to install the necessary software but I wasn't sure how relevant that was to the latest firmware. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Swen

• Calf
Re: USB Printer on WZR-300HP
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »

I'm right there with you buddy.  Any luck on your end?  I enabled the USB and printer in services tab and installed their little Network USB Navigator  on one of the PCs directly wired and NOTHING.  I also tried network storage plugging a USB drive into the port.  The router recognized it but again the Network USB utility on the wired computer was "no devices found..."  I have now wasted 5 hours trying to get this to work all so we don't have to run upstairs and turn on the PC the printer was/(and will soon be again) attached to. UUUUGGGHHH!  Not really comfortable with this DD-WRT stuff.  Any support from Buffalo????

Courry

• Calf
Re: USB Printer on WZR-300HP
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 11:30:39 PM »
I went into SERVICES > USB and enabled all the USB supports, saved and applied.

From the laptop I added a new printer, added as a network printer. When searched, the printer did NOT show as listed.

Selected as "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname. Typed in the IP address for the gateway on your computer.

To determine the correct IP address for YOUR situation, sign on to the router, select STATUS, then select LAN, in the box at the top of the screen which contains the MAC address, IP address, subnet mask, Gateway and Local DNS the IP address box contains the IP address you want to use. Gateway may well be blank.

If the router is not found, it will ask you the type of card you are using, generic will do.

At this point select the make and model of printer from the choices provided. If your printer is not listed, install the printer driver from the printer manufacturers website and say "Have Disk" then point to the location where you installed it. Select finish and print a test page to confirm.

Consider it this way...To reach the USB port on the router it needs to know the router IP. Once it knows the router IP it can see the printer hanging off of the USB port.

Hopefully, this is a little bit fuller explanation and will be found useful.