Author Topic: Set up MySQL on Linkstation LS210D  (Read 4795 times)

BigJoe

• Calf
Set up MySQL on Linkstation LS210D
« on: February 11, 2016, 05:50:57 AM »
Hi,

Was thinking about trying to setup a MySQL database onto a NAS. I don't need it for a webserver but just as a MySQL database for an application I use. I don't need apache or anyting like that. Just MySQL and possibly phpMyadmin for administration.

I already had a Linkstation LS210D and a LS220D0201p and thought I could use one of those. I keep googling for information and see some manuals that just say you need to click the services and enable it but my admin software doesn't have this facility.

Looking at the Buffalo webpage (http://www.buffalotech.com/resource-center/nas-system/linkstation-nas-system) it seems to suggest down at the very bottom that all Linkstation NAS's can run MySQL databases apart from LS-XL, LS410D, LS420D & LS421DE. Mine aren't that model so is it possible or not.

Is it because I have the latest firmware.

If the buffalo NAS's don't do it can anyone recommend one that does. Or, are the NAS's not recommended for being used as MySQL servers.

Any information or just pointing me in the right direction to some reading material would be greatfully received.

Thanks,

Joe

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Set up MySQL on Linkstation LS210D
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:57:25 AM »
You need a Terastation, not a Linkstation.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

BigJoe

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »
Hi Davo,

Thanks for the reply. I thought that this may be the case but if you look at the link in my post it shows the information for the Linkstation NAS system and the TeraStation NAS system. Both tabs have info and at the bottom of both it says that the this feature is available. So I assume this feature is available for Linkstation NAS's. Is this not the case then?

Don't want to go and buy a Terastation and find that that doesn't work even thought the website says it does. Has anybody used the Terastations for hosting a MySQL database. Is it as simple to configure as just a tickbox in the admin settings or has anybody used another companies NAS systems with MySQL.

Once again, thanks to all who take the time to read and even more thanks for any comments.

Joe

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:21:10 AM »
I have a Terastation (several) and use some for MySQL. Again, they are not available on the LS200 or 400 series. It is a mistake on the website buy the looks of it.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!