Author Topic: LS-QVL RAID 10 - how to replace one defective drive ?  (Read 4351 times)

Steve B

• Calf
LS-QVL RAID 10 - how to replace one defective drive ?
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:16:54 PM »
Hi,

I have 6pcs LS-QVL Quad Pro's and they are great !

However this week one of them had a hard disk fault. The unit has 4 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001's installed, as a RAID 10.

Disk 2 has the issue. LS-QVL has been flashing orange code E12.

So I have bought a replacement hard disk (same make/model), and thought I could just remove the old one and replace with the new........and have the Buffalo rebuild the RAID 10.

However after physically replacing the new drive, it still flashes orange code E12, with orange LED against the Disk 2.

When I checked in the setup it says Disk 2 has ERROR - however when I click on it, I cannot get the 'format disk' option.

Can anyone provide me a walk through guide on the best way to install a disk 2 like this......obviously I do not want to compromise my RAID 10 data in the other 3 disks !!

Appreciate any advice !

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-QVL RAID 10 - how to replace one defective drive ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:11:49 PM »
System -> Storage -> disks -> select disk2 -> rediscover disk -> then click Array1 (under your RAID array options -> Rebuild RAID.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!