Author Topic: Torrent download Manager  (Read 7302 times)

rasskass121

• Calf
Torrent download Manager
« on: January 12, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »
Helo i hope some one can help me.

I have a livestaion latest firmware and use the web Bitorrent download manger for its main purpose and i mostly use private tracker websites.

my issue is that download manger starts some downloads from some site but torrents from some other sites never start to begin downloading; where the same torrent file would start downloading with utorrent app for example.

Can someone shed some light on this for me please,  be very grateful.

thanks

sveder

• Calf
Re: Torrent download Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 03:35:04 AM »
I believe Buffalo NAS is total poop for using Torrent. I couldn't repair mine, so I'm using desktop client again.

I am really angry on Buffalo as they don't update Bittorent client and their iTunes media serves is also total crap.

For me, I won't buying Buffalo never again

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:11:09 PM »
Did you read the manual.... if you did and your using magnet links then you need to read it again. Buffalo products don't use Magneted links. If you are downloading the actual torrent then what is your firmware version? What have you tried?
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

pancho018

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:00:45 AM »
i've never had a problem with magnet links.

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:45:24 PM »
On a linkstation torrent downloader? then you are using a modded firmware or your not using a linkstation. It states that Magnet links don't pull over trackers.. so that means they don't work. I have never had magnet links work unless I used a modded firmware for my linkstation and I'm not about to give that out.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

CaptainPalapa

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:10 PM »
When in the LS421DE Bittorent web gui, you can certainly add a torrent with a magnet link.  I've been doing that for a couple of months now.  I have NOT hacked my firmware.  I stumbled on this post looking for a solution to why the Bittorrent client just STOPS at random times.  Well, it doesn't stop, but the peers/seeds drop to zero.  I have to go into the NAS admin and disable and re-enable the Bittorent service with the little slider switch.

That gets the torrents running again....until I have to repeat the process.  Usually about five times a day.  If I remember.

Not sure WHY it's not updated!

Net7

• Hating Disclaimers, and loving it.
  • Tatanka
  • NeverEnoughBacon
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 01:50:50 PM »
When in the LS421DE Bittorent web gui, you can certainly add a torrent with a magnet link.  I've been doing that for a couple of months now.  I have NOT hacked my firmware.  I stumbled on this post looking for a solution to why the Bittorrent client just STOPS at random times.  Well, it doesn't stop, but the peers/seeds drop to zero.  I have to go into the NAS admin and disable and re-enable the Bittorent service with the little slider switch.

That gets the torrents running again....until I have to repeat the process.  Usually about five times a day.  If I remember.

Not sure WHY it's not updated!

LS421DE user myself, with 300 torrents loaded!

The situation you describe is actually more of an issue with the network, if I have active torrents, reset my router, and the IP or UPnP clear or change in the router, all current torrents will show seeding/downloading, but not actually seed/download!

To resolve this I set a reservation in my router for the LinkStation and set a manual Port Forward instead of using UPnP, this doesn't TOTALLY resolve the issue, but unless I restart my Router in quick succession, the torrents resume just fine afterwards

Long story short, this is a mix of networking issues with the Embedded Torrent client (which while not being the latest, is still very up to date compared to the older LS model's).