Author Topic: Direct connection from NAS TS-1.0TGL/R5 to Laptop w/OS 7...  (Read 5883 times)

rambler

• Calf
Direct connection from NAS TS-1.0TGL/R5 to Laptop w/OS 7...
« on: January 11, 2014, 12:56:18 AM »
Hi guys! Hope you can help me out!

I got a TS-1.0TGL/R5 from friend. I hooked it up to the laptop directly. The NAS Navigator detected the drive (at first) but I couldn't do anything else but see it had been detected.

I tried every option, and these are the error messages that I got...

After that, I clicked on "Properties" and tried changing the IP (the IP that the NAS displayed was different from what the NAS Navigator said it was) but after I did that, the drive disappeared from the NAS Navigator!!

Any feedback will be appreciated, thank you for taking your time to read this post!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Direct connection from NAS TS-1.0TGL/R5 to Laptop w/OS 7...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
You need to set a static IP on the LAN card of your PC to access the Terastation directly, set the IP of the LAN card to 192.168.11.149 and it should work.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

rambler

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 07:42:51 PM »
I just did what you told me...and it worked! Thank you very much. I should probably get the appropriate hardware to have higher transfer speeds, but that will have to wait. Thanks again.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »
you're welcome :-)
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!