Author Topic: Any workarounds to access NAS from HTC One?  (Read 1904 times)

jdthepig

• Calf
Any workarounds to access NAS from HTC One?
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »
I just set up my new Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo 2-Bay 4TB (2 x 2 TB) RAID High Performance Network Attached Storage (NAS) - LS-WV4.0TL/R1. I then followed the instructions to access the NAS from my Android phone. The app was unable to find the NAS on my network. I then learned the SmartPhone Navigator app does not work on HTC devices. The app works fine from my Nexus 7 tablet so I believe I have everything set up properly.

Is there another way to access the NAS besides the SmartPhone Navigator app? If not, the NAS seems pretty much worthless as my intent was to switch to the NAS rather than using SugarSync, Google Drive, and Drop Box. This is my first NAS so any insight would be appreciated.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Any workarounds to access NAS from HTC One?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 10:19:31 AM »
FTP?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jdthepig

• Calf
Re: Any workarounds to access NAS from HTC One?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 11:40:21 AM »
FTP?

Davo, I'm familiar with FTP in the Windows environment but not with Android. My initial thought is it seems FTP would be tedious but perhaps I'm wrong. Is there a specific FTP app you would recommend? I would like to be able to view/update Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in addition to photos and videos. Would I need to use an FTP client to download a file to my phone, update the file, then use FTP to upload it back to the NAS?