Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH loopback  (Read 10118 times)

Mysticmaster

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH loopback
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:33:15 PM »
Hi, I am new to this forum and wonder if I can obtain your help and advice on the above router.

I have had this router for a few years and never needed to update the firmware. However, I have had a home server connected for over a year but find that I cannot "loopback" to the server from my local lan, ie remote access out to the internet and back in. Having scanned the forums here it would seem that this problem has been resolved by a firmware update. The firmware on my router at the moment is WZR-HP-G300NH ver 1.73 (R1.02/B1.07).
My question is this. If I update the firmware via the router online option, will this cure the problem? Also, if so, will this invalidate the settings I already have on the router, ie Static IP Addresses and portforwarding, and wireless connection keys?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

David

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH loopback
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 10:21:57 AM »
you need to install the DDWRT firmware in order to do this.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

brobin111

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 04:10:37 PM »
Adding this here so it appears in the "Solved" section too.

I recently upgraded to the "Pro" DD-WRT firmware for my WHR-HP-G300N that had stopped working properly.  The new firmware solved my problem and also allowed me to add NAT Loopback which enables me to use the external address to view my cameras on my tab or phone even when I'm home without having to enter the local addresses. After some quick searching on the web I found the following script which I'm sharing here. I take no credit for the work that others obviously smarter than me have done.

Here's what to do:

1. Highlight and copy these five lines:

insmod ipt_mark
insmod xt_mark
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -j CONNMARK --save-mark
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE

2. Open the DD-WRT web interface for your router and go to Administration:Commands and paste the above into the Commands Shell box then click the "Save Firewall" button.  Done!

For newer versions like 20180 that runs on my WZR-600DHP the following script can be used instead (same w/o 4th line above):

insmod ipt_mark
insmod xt_mark
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE

Dhokahai1

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 05:35:48 AM »
I went to resetting the router but it seems the reset button is not working. I also noticed that the wireless is not blinking and the DIAG light is on.
I tried fixing with tftp but nothing happens.
Get free demos for Certkiller ccie security exam and mcts exam with comptia a plus 220-801 success. Our best quality ndm