Author Topic: Buffalo LS-WVL ios 7 app compatibilty  (Read 4468 times)

Rdenn

• Calf
Buffalo LS-WVL ios 7 app compatibilty
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:02:50 AM »
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing a connection drop over 3G/LTE wireless when using the Buffalo webaccess app on an apple device with ios 7?  I can see my linkstation and shares  in the app and can play music for about 10 minutes before the connection 'drops'.  The sound symbol at the bottom of the screen goes into a perpetual refresh state and the only recourse is to close the app completely and restart, but that only gets me another 10 minutes and so on.  I didn't seem to have this issue before ios 7.  My linkstation pro duo is on firmware 1.64 and i'm planning on upgrading to 1.65, but I'm not sure that is going to fix this issue.  I don't think this is a wireless service issue since the problem seems to be related to an apple software update. 

Any help on this would be appreciated.  Thank you! 

smikels

• Calf
Re: Buffalo LS-WVL ios 7 app compatibilty
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:02:43 PM »
Yes - I am experiencing this same thing.  Music plays for about 10 minutes then it stops and the constant refresh begins.  I am on Sprint 3G network, but that doesn't matter.  It happens when my iPhone 4S (ios 7.0.4 (11B554a) is Wi-Fi connected on a network outside my home (ie at a store or work).  The only time its stable is when I am connected to my home Wi-Fi network. 

BTW - I have a Linkstation duo (LS-WXL....).

Did you find an answer for this problem?

Rdenn

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »
No, I haven't found a solution.  I started timing it and it plays between 13 and 14 minutes each time before stopping.  Only on 3G/LTE networks and I have to close the app completely and restart.  I also have a Linkstation Duo LS-WVL and I did upgrade the firmware to v 1.65, but it didn't make a difference.  I looked in the web admin settings, but couldn't see anything that might indicate this problem. 

Thanks for posting....was very curious to know if I was the only one. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:58 AM »
No, I haven't found a solution.  I started timing it and it plays between 13 and 14 minutes each time before stopping.  Only on 3G/LTE networks and I have to close the app completely and restart.  I also have a Linkstation Duo LS-WVL and I did upgrade the firmware to v 1.65, but it didn't make a difference.  I looked in the web admin settings, but couldn't see anything that might indicate this problem. 

Thanks for posting....was very curious to know if I was the only one.

The latest firmware is 1.68! Update then reset the LS via the admin page.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!