Author Topic: Securing Mini station Thunderbolt Drive  (Read 7129 times)

sweettea1193

• Calf
Securing Mini station Thunderbolt Drive
« on: January 02, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »
I am using a Mini Station Thunderbolt Drive to house my iTunes and iPhoto libraries apart from my laptop, and want to secure it with a cable to my desk.  I can glue a security loop to it, since there is not a built in place to attach a lock.  Does anyone know if gluing a hook will prevent it from working correctly?  I am not concerned with aesthetic damage, I know that will happen.  Are there any other suggestions for securing it?  I am looking to prevent a theft from a quick smash and grab situation.  Thanks!

kamran

• Calf
Re: Securing Mini station Thunderbolt Drive
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:50:39 PM »
This is not documented as far as I can tell in the manual, but I found out from Tier 2 that I had to configure the primary and secondary DNS servers in Network settings under IP Address. Set these fields to your routers default gateway, in my case 192.168.1.1, or enter the DNS server addresses used by your ISP (you can find these by logging in to your router and looking at the router "status". Your ISP's DNS servers will be listed there. Either of these will work.

Have you tried this?
George
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest Testking Lean Six Sigma and high quality gmat and We provide updated lsat practice test