Author Topic: USB Boot for WSS5600  (Read 1888 times)

xmates

• Calf
USB Boot for WSS5600
« on: December 28, 2013, 10:48:52 PM »
Hi everybody,
I'm in Vietnam. I have bought a WSS5600 without HDD enclosured so they run the Window 2008R2 instead of 2012 SE version. I couldn't buy or find this driver for my WSS. Now there are some importan function like: sleep and wake up,  automatically regulates the fan speed for quiet, I can not set with 2008R2.
Does anyone has window 2012 SE USB or advice me where to download it?
Mny tks!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:50:30 PM by xmates »

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: USB Boot for WSS5600
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 11:13:40 PM »
Well you could download the wss dashboard and see if that helps. wouldn't know 100% but its a start. Download the file called software update. this is a software to give you info and slightly manage some aspects for the wss unit.

http://buffalo.jp/support_ap/support/products/ws5600.html
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

xmates

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 02:53:51 AM »
Tks, I downloaded it but can not install, it shows " target model not found, update not complete"

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »
Are you sure that you bought a WSS5600? or did you buy a TS5600? if that didn't work i wouldn't know what else to try besides using 3rd party software to control your fan speed. I don't think the WSS has a sleep option... you can tell it to sleep and setup the network port in device manager to allow a magic packet or WOL.

WakeMeOnLan is a free software for waking up computers on the network that is asleep and allows to be waken up with WOL.

SpeedFan is another free software that will allow to monitor the speed, temps and other options on the WSS. You can control the fan speed by setting the ideal temperature you want. the hotter the CPU the quieter the fan will be. the cooler the CPU the loader the fan.  If anything you will have to use windows server storage 2012 that comes with the unit. You will need to contact the support in Vietnam and see if they can send you the USB recovery key. This is used to install the OS. I would also check the box you received with the unit and see if the USB is in there. Its fairly small so its easy to lose.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people