Author Topic: Create a folder named 'Share' before mapping the drive.  (Read 9659 times)

WhyMe

• Calf
Create a folder named 'Share' before mapping the drive.
« on: December 20, 2013, 07:09:57 AM »
I'm having the exact same problem to this:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=11773.msg49411#msg49411

The above topic is old and unanswered, but it did lead me to try on another machine.

My problem is that I have two Windows 7 machines, one can map and access the LS-WX6.0TL/R1, the other cannot.  The NAS Navigator2 on the machine that does not work displays an error window saying "Create a folder named 'Share' before mapping the drive."  It is visible and maps fine from my other machine.  The 'Share' folder exists, and I've tried recreating it with several case sensitive variations.

I've tried mapping outside of the NAS Navigator, but the drive does not show up.  The drive is visible from within the NAS Navigator though.

Anybody else have this problem?  What is the solution?

Thanks.

1/8/2014
I'm still having this problem.  Does Buffalo tech support read any of these post or do they just rely on the public to figure problems out and hope that they come here and post solutions?

Is it possible to pull these drives and put them into another PC and use it as a standard file server?  How difficult is this to do?  I look forward to removing these drives and urinating in the empty Buffalo case.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:26:13 PM by WhyMe »

rrelande

• Calf
Re: Create a folder named 'Share' before mapping the drive.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 05:51:15 PM »
hi,

I had the same problem as you on my Windows 7 machine. i could not find a solution, until microsoft confirmed the issue:

under control panel
network connections
select the applicable network adapter (ethernet adapter / wifi)

you need to enable "client for Microsoft Networks" and "file and printer sharing services"

it worked immediatly after enabling.