Author Topic: TeraStation TS5400 - Internal NAS-API-Error (Interner NAS-API-Fehler)  (Read 6665 times)

w.juchmes

• Calf
Hi!

Having problems with my TeraStation. When I set up the device for the first time, I updated the firmware to the latest version (2.40), then joined it to my active directory and created a share for my daily backups, everything was fine.

Later I noticed, that I was not able to access the gui - I got an authentication error after entering my password - even if the password was right. Tried with Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Strange: When accessing the gui via ip address, the login Dialog appears properly. When accessing the gui via network name (TS5400D45C), a blank page is shown in my browser - and there is no dns problem in my network.

Yesterday I downloaded the firmware updater and installed firmware 2.43 via em mode. After that I was able to log in to the gui and reset the device to factory defaults. But the problems are still there: http://TS5400D45C shows a blank page and http://192.168.114.47 tells me after log in an "internal nas api error".

Could someone please help me?

By the way: The share (\\TS5400D45C\share) is still available and working properly...

Greetings from Germany
(Woly)

GYCO50

• Calf
Re: TeraStation TS5400 - Internal NAS-API-Error (Interner NAS-API-Fehler)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:20:06 AM »
Take  a look to solution for TS5200 . (Rollback to 2.42) :
Could help maybe for TS5400

http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=18618.0
Regards from Belgium.

w.juchmes

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:38:10 AM »
Hi!
Thanks for the link, but the solution doesn't work for me. Downgraded successfully to 2.42 but the problems weren't gone. The error message is "This is an NAS-API internal error."

Another idea?

Greetings from Germany
(Woly)

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 01:58:11 PM »
Are you on the same local subnet with the TeraStation? Any odd networking setups? Are you running a Server OS?

Also, try adding the IP address to the compatibility list in IE (under 'Compatibility View Settings')
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

w.juchmes

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 03:27:38 PM »
Hi!

>Are you on the same local subnet with the TeraStation?
Yes, it's the same subnet: 192.168.114.x

>Any odd networking setups?
No, nothing special. Tried also with the nas directly connected: same issue.

>Are you running a Server OS?
Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are connected to my local network. Tried with each of them: same issue.

>Also, try adding the IP address to the compatibility list in IE (under 'Compatibility View Settings')
Same issue. Tried with different IE's: same issue. Tried also with firefox: same issue

(Woly)

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »
I would double check you are not on fw2.43 and the restore your unit to factory default settings. also clear all history after restoring terastation. Tell me if that works.

2.43 was causing this issue for my ts5400 and so I rolled back to 2.42 and did a factory reset and no more issue
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:04:49 PM by joma90 »
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

w.juchmes

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 01:30:14 PM »
I really downloaded and installed FW file "TS5000_series_FW_2.42.zip" and did a factory reset too. Same old issue.

When I set up the unit for the first time some month ago it came with FW 2.40 or so. Before configuring and storing data on the unit, I downloaded and installed FW file "TS5000_series_FW_2.43" and everything was fine. I configured the unit, joined to my active directory and backed up my data to the unit daily - and everything was fine.

From one day to an other I got the problems - and there were no changes, neither in my network nor at the unit.

(Woly)