Author Topic: WZR-1750DHP (2.13) Wireless Bridge Settings  (Read 4128 times)

ScotCurry

• Calf
WZR-1750DHP (2.13) Wireless Bridge Settings
« on: December 14, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
I hope I'm just being thick here.  The documentation makes it seem like I should be seeing an option under Wireless Settings called Wireless Bridge.  My setting seem to stop at Guest Account.  I've tried changing the device I want to be my WB to WB mode on the back of the device, but when I do I seem to lose the ability to connect to it (right now all connections are from a wired port).

My primary router / AP is also a WZR-1750DHP, and I have set the SSID and WPA2-PSK keys to the same setting for both bands on both devices.

The documentation make it appear that this would be a very easy setup if I could find this option, so if I'm missing something I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you.
Scot

jamesah2008

• Calf
Re: WZR-1750DHP (2.13) Wireless Bridge Settings
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 01:49:34 AM »
You are right, the setting doesn't exist. This router sucks. Do they even beta test the damn thing before selling it? It's not a good luck to make customers do your beta testing. And who the hell uses XFS as a file system? No support for NTFS or HFS+? No support for 3+ TB drives. Look at the list of bug fixes on the firmware. Supposedly DD-WRT will be coming out after the holidays but there is no time-frame for it.

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: WZR-1750DHP (2.13) Wireless Bridge Settings
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 02:00:56 PM »
ScotCurry,

If you are trying to get in the bride settings of the wzr-1750. it is as simple as the manual says. you are not doing it right. double check your setup and you will know when the router is in WB mode as the router light will turn off in the front. once the light is off you will have to go to 192.168.11.100 but if you dont have a static ip on your computer or another router giving out a DHCP with 192.168.11.x. Then you will be able to setup what you need. also i would update to the latest firmware.
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c85091/wzr1750dhp-213.zip

jamesah2008,

i know you don't know about routers now since dd-wrt has been out for the wrz-1750 and you don't seem to understand crap. Do you even Google before you speak? there is a clear reason why xfs, ext3 or fat32 is used. all routers use a linux base OS so that means xfs, ext3 or ext4 is the best support. Windows is NTFS. Mac is HFS+, are you stupid? Also dd-wrt doesn't use HFS+ LOL and only certain builds can use NTFS since certain routers have enough ram to have the code for this. The routers will use CIFS protocol to allow pc's and macs to connect to the share if you are using the router in that way. Mac you will do "connect to server" and use cifs://(ip/share name). 3TB support... will give it time. a lot of routers didn't come out the box with 3tb support as they need t have the router support 4k drives for that.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people