Author Topic: URGENTHelp - HD-GDU3 is not recognized in win7  (Read 2243 times)

denyil

• Calf
URGENTHelp - HD-GDU3 is not recognized in win7
« on: December 09, 2013, 03:11:36 AM »
Hi all,

I have been using this Buffalo product (HD-GDU3) to backup important work related data in the office. It has been working very well (its been almost a month).

However, today I turned on my PC and noticed that windows 7 cannot recognize it.

I go to device-manager, uninstalled the USB port device , keep it plugged in and restarted.
Didnt work.
It says Device driver software was not successfully installed. I also uninstalled and 'scan for hardware changes', and it can not find it.

I also checked other USB ports and another PC as well. None of them can recognize it. I also checked with my laptop , which I used to back up twice into this external drive, also couldnt recognize it.

I couldnt find a driver software in the website either.

I have 700GB of very important backed up data that I can not effort to lose. Formatting is a very very last option for me right now. I deliberately bought this product for HDR speed up and reliable back up for my work. If it would be photos,videos, etc, it could be still fine but I urgently need to activate my backing up routine in work (more data are coming).

Please help me with this issue.

Kind regards,

Den

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: URGENTHelp - HD-GDU3 is not recognized in win7
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 03:19:22 AM »
Sounds like the unit is faulty, you say that you have a backed it up, a backup means you have 2 copies so why can you not restore your data from the original copy? If you dont have a real backup (2 copies) well then your only option would be to contact a data recovery company.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

denyil

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 03:45:49 AM »
Hi Davo,

Thanks for the fast reply.

Some of the data I needed to delete in my local drive due to space restrictions. However, it was stored in the back up files in the device. I was counting on the data in the drive.

what do you mean by '2 copies'? I have data in my local drive and then a backed up version in the external drive. Then I may change or delete or something in my local drive. then I should be able to restore the backed up data later. Thats what I would expect from a backing up utility.

In my current case, I can not restore anything because I can not reach the external drive. Windows can not recognize it, neither Linux (I just checked minutes ago).

why would a stationary, stable unit become faulty all of a sudden?  :(. I was really relying on this device.

Would buffalo will pay for the data recovery company ( because its just a month I bought it!, it should be in the warranty ).

Kind regards,

Den

denyil

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:50:50 AM »
Magically it is back now! :).
My recommendation to  people who wants to use it as an ultimate backup solution, beware that such occurrences may happen. Keep the harddrive disconnected for a while (2 hours in my particular case :)), and try again. somehow it is back right now.

Cheers,

Deniz