Author Topic: TS5400 forgot admin password  (Read 13969 times)

DeanMart

• Calf
TS5400 forgot admin password
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »
How do i retrieve my admin password? Please help!

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: TS5400 forgot admin password
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 10:31:12 PM »
I dont think there is a way to reset the unit with out have the usb key made. you can use the recovery tool to reset the unit but there is a chance you can lose your data. not sure on the % of the chance. did it to mine and just lost all settings but data remained.

http://www.2lk.com/view/LSRecovery.zip

I believe the init button can factory reset the unit if you hold it down til it beeps and then states initializing. You might have to reboot the unit and then hold the button right when it comes up. i was able to get my 5200 to initialize after a few attempts with the init button. This button is located under the display after you open the door.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 06:49:18 PM »
The above stated is wrong and will not work, if you forgot your admin password then your a bit of an idiot!

Boot the unit into EM Mode using a USB keyboard and monitor. Once it's in this state debug the firmware while selecting "Delete user data partition".

Pressing the "Reset" button on this unit only reboots the device and nothing else.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »
I tired that method but every time i do the debug mode with delete use config and em mode, i will still prompt for password. That's just me Davo. The init button actually did the trick when i was playing with my 5200 though maybe i did something else since i was trying to figure it out.... I believe i read something like that on another post of yours about putting a vga and keyboard in the TeraStation but you had a screen shots as well. Think you can find the link for me so i can try that. I tried searching for it but i don't remember that title for the post. I'm going to check under your post and hopefully i find it. I didnt forget my password, im just trying to make sure that i have a way to fix it.

joma90

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 05:36:11 AM »
Never mind as i found it. link is below for others to see if they are curious.

http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=18348.msg73562#msg73562