Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH2 - PPTP client (not routing correctly)  (Read 2153 times)

raybanks

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH2 - PPTP client (not routing correctly)
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:49:19 AM »

WZR-HP-G300NH2

DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (04/27/12) std - build 19152

windows 7 home premium

my pc is connected to the buffalo box, the buffalo box is then connected to a cable router.

I have configured my windows box with a vpn network adapter on the same setup and all works fine(same pc same boxes etc), deleted it after testing.

I reset the buffalo router to factory defaults, only changing the admim password

turned off the firewall and enabled the pptp client.

the ppp0 interface appears and i can ping the pptp server

From what i have read, all traffic by default should now be directed over that link.

When i use whatismyip.org  I get the local ip address and not the ip from pptp server.

Am I missing another step?

UPDATE

I have been trying various options, with these results

If I leave the router subnet blank, I believe it does attempt to route eveything thru the ppp0 interface, it just fails at that attemp, for instahce the entries it makes breaks DNS.

It adds this to the routing table, but does not remove the other default, should it.

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface

default              *                     0.0.0.0              U       0         0        0     ppp0

default         192.168.1.1       0.0.0.0               UG     0        0         0    vlan2

If I add the router subnet, it work ok, but will only route traffic on the tunnel ip, it adds nothing to the routing table other than the ip of the server, but at least it breaks nothing else from what i can tell

192.168.18.1    *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0 ppp0

So I used the 2nd option and added this route of my own to the routing tables  "route add default gw 192.168.18.1", I also left the orginal one in place.

This works but appears very slow, more testing to do on that.

By the way I have reinstated the firewall, that does not appear to be the problem.

If some one as this working, may they would post their route/iptables output or even the changes they apply to get it working.

It clearly does not work out the box

Mkorofi

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH2 - PPTP client (not routing correctly)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 07:10:47 AM »
Hi.

Did you manage to solve this issue?