Author Topic: Very slow 2.4ghz wireless on WZR-1166DHP  (Read 2293 times)

shlemielo

• Calf
Very slow 2.4ghz wireless on WZR-1166DHP
« on: November 07, 2013, 02:24:46 AM »
I'm having issues with the 2.4ghz wireless on the WZR-1166DHP. The wireless throughput is extremely slow, hovering around 2.5 Mbps. Internet browsing is sluggish as well as browsing local network files. Every now and then it will move up to an acceptable speed (around 20 Mbps). I do have the 5ghz band active as well, and the 5ghz devices have great speed. I'm using default values apart from SSID and WPA key.

Anyone else having issues with the 2.4ghz band? Thanks.

pjargon

• Calf
Re: Very slow 2.4ghz wireless on WZR-1166DHP
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
I haven't been able to break ~20Mbps 2.4Ghz-WAN speed on 2.4ghz.

In your case you might want to check for interference.  Download inSSIDer, its a great tool for seeing what might be overlapping your spectrum.  Won't show you microwaves or cordless phones though

shlemielo

• Calf
Re: Very slow 2.4ghz wireless on WZR-1166DHP
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 02:09:55 AM »
2.4 ghz is still very inconsistent. Half the time I get around 2.5 Mbps, and the rest of the time I get no internet or LAN connection at all (the wireless signal stays connected, however.) I tested through inSSIDer, and the highest link score I could get was around 35. This is probably fairly low as I live in a very noisy wifi environment, but my old 2.4 ghz linksys router had no issues establishing and maintaining a stable connection.