Author Topic: Linkstation Pro  (Read 1777 times)

mmaltby

• Calf
Linkstation Pro
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:11:22 PM »

A couple of things:

1.  Is it possible to use the web access tool with a blackberry browser?  So far I just get a timed out error when trying to log in?  What the requirements for the web access portal?

2.  What is the web access pin?  I never need to use this so I was wandering what it is for.

3.  Can you move folders/files between different shares without using the network?  I know you can move folders in the same share if you use a mapped drive but I would also like to move folders/files quickly between shares.

4.  I like having no access permissions on the folders and this works great on my internal network.  But once I make a share accessible via the web access tool I would like to add permissions for when trying to log on.  So for the same share, I would like no permissions when dealing with the folder when using windows explorer but when using the web access I would like permissions.  Is this setup possible?

Many thanks in advance for any help.  It is a great product compared to other nas drives I have used so keep up the good work.

Mark

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 05:20:23 PM »
  1. As far as we've tested it is not possible.
  2. The Web Access pin authenticates your NAS Name (sort of like a user name and password) with the BuffaloNAS.com servers that way your NAS is identified as being yours and not someone else posing as your NAS.
  3. Try accessing the device by IP address twice to open up two of the same folder windows and see if that helps. (Click and drag from one to the other this way the traffic is kept on the NAS rather than caching to your computer during transfer)
  4. Open up the web admin and go to Web Access->Folder Setup and click on the icon you wish to add permissions to. There is an option "Allow all groups and users" which will allow a user that has credentials on your NAS to access whichever folders you set this way.
We appreciate your compliments and praise towards our products and look forward to serving you in the future :)