Author Topic: Disc Is Full error with Buffalo HD-HSU2 DriveStation  (Read 4435 times)

Wman21

• Calf
Disc Is Full error with Buffalo HD-HSU2 DriveStation
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »

Hello folks!

I bought this Buffalo External HDD model today, but I'm already experiencing some problems with it, actually one problem and it's big.

I can't trasnfer movies, games (big files 4gb and more) to my externalhdd.On 88% or so, it gives me an error that the disc is full. I can trasnfer small files like music, but not movies. Any help? Why it keeps giving me this error

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Disc Is Full error with Buffalo HD-HSU2 DriveStation
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 05:17:43 PM »

Buffalo sells all external hard drives in a universal file system called FAT32.  Buffalo does not know if your going to use this for a PC or a Mac or even a Linux machine.  Fat 32 is recognized by all computer types however it has many limitations; one of them being that it only supports up to 4 gigs in one file. 

In order to fix this your going to need to format the drive in your computers native file system.  

Wman21

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:43:24 AM »
   does this mean that I have to format my laptops HDD in order to transfer files to Buffalo, or do I have to format Buffalos external hdd? I'm sorry, but I'm new to this problem

Wman21

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 08:04:01 AM »
   never mind I got this done. I had to format my externall hdd... you moderators should be more helpful, doesn't matter if you're talking to a newb or not, or if the problem is easy to solve or not. Topic closed.