Author Topic: Buffalo Linkstation LS-QVL5CA - dropping packets  (Read 3248 times)

nlandas

• Calf
Buffalo Linkstation LS-QVL5CA - dropping packets
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:30:35 AM »
     I have a LS-QVL5CA that has been working fine attached to the network. Recently, it started dropping packets so that connections to it fail. It won't respond to ping when this happens. I can't find anything wrong on the network side - the L3 switch that it is plugged into is working fine with all the other devices plugged into it.

I have replaced the patch cable with one certified with a network tester.
Moved it to another port on the switch that had a device on it that wasn't having any issues.
Changed it's IP address to a new IP and double checked it's configuration.
It is in the default VLAN and the port it is in isn't tagged on any other VLANs.
and obviously rebooted the box through the web interface.

Does anyone have some other ideas to try?

Thanks,
-Nyle

nlandas

• Calf
Re: Buffalo Linkstation LS-QVL5CA - dropping packets
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »
The power LED is also blinking at a steady rate if that signifies something. The unit is generally accessible but simple stops responding for a little while and then connects back in. I really can't find anything on the network. An identical unit plugged into our remote network over a gigabit WAN link is still working fine.

Same models, same firmware, etc.

I'm thinking this might be a hardware issue. The RAID array reports it is up and I can transfer data when the unit is online.

Any ideas are appreciated? Anyone?  8^D